Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's the same old story.

A month gone by without a post. Oh boy, how lazy I've been in keeping this thing up-to-date.

I've settled in, I've moved most of everything important over, although I'm still having one heckuva time getting through to Revenue Canada. I think I'll fax-in a form, I just can't seem to get through on the phone. HAd a lil' run-in with a policeman about my car. Apparently something was wrong with my Alberta license, and I almost got towed and fined. But it's all fixed, and I'm back to the lowly New Driver's permit. Bah.

But the real stinger? Insuring the damn car. $2400 for one friggin' year. Ouch. I hate that, just because I'm a younger driver I'm automatically a bad one. I'm so depressingly poor - I have about a quarter of what I did a few months ago. I guess I'll see how this one semester of school goes, and then I'll probably work for a bit and re-evaluate in a few more months.

I'm going to try and do more art in my spare time. And I know this is just something that I decided on today, and I know I've said it before, but... When you find yourself replaying old games just to amuse yourself you should really find ways to be productive instead of wasting time. I should go through and uninstall all those games I'm playing through for no good reason.

In my defense, though, I have been drawing a bit for a project. Why don't I mention what said 'project' is? Because that's classified information. And by classified, I mean that if there is someone that reads this (hahaha), there's a surprise in store. Maybe. Hasn't quite gotten off the ground yet.

But aside from that, I need to do a bit of work on what might be one of my better drawings yet before I'm ready to post it. I also have to do some freelance ad design work for someone to go in a magazine. It's coming along ok. And then there's the catalogue from work. I think I'm making good progress all things considered, but the lines of communication between here and the head-honchos leaves a bit to be desired. Oh well, I can't complain if it keeps some money flowing in, right?

On a last note, being back is so very odd in so many ways. So many things have changed, and so many more things haven't. Me being one those things in both ways. What a strange feeling.
-Cril

It's the same old story
Everywhere I go,
I get slandered,
Libeled,
I hear words I never heard in the Bible
And I'm so tired.
I'm oh-so tired.
But I'm trying to keep my customers satisfied,
Satisfied.

Simon & Garfunkel - Keep the Customer Satisfied

No comments: