Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Second year will be easier"

That last plant-study project really took a lot out of me. I was really banking on the hope I'd get a brief chance to recoup. Alas, twas not meant to be. I had a couple hours off last Sunday where I had finished all my homework, and they were all spent finishing up my taxes. Oh well.

I found out this week that next year, assuming I get into design, there will be 6 courses I have to take each semester. One will be liberal studies (3hr, lecture/academic based) and the rest are design studio classes (6hrs, hands-on/project based). I've signed up to take both my second-year liberal studies courses in this spring semester (3hrs every Mon/Tue/Wed/Thurs) to get them out of the way. That ain't going to make things much easier, but it's all I can do.

Next year is going to be really difficult. It's like I'll be taking my hardest course I'm taking this semester and multiplying it by five. That's thirty hours in-class, plus probably fifty hours of homework a week. I'm crossing my fingers that, because we'll start using computers, the projects can be finished quicker than they have been this year. Probably a naive inclination.

IMG_0074.1-Still Life

I find this whole ordeal incredibly disheartening. Maybe I'll get lots of time to rest over July/August, and so I'll be fully recharged for the upcoming year. Heh, right.
-Cril

Ludovico Einaudi - Giorni Dispari

1 comment:

Frank said...

Is that your ninja blade?! Oh snap!