Sunday, September 09, 2012

The gun, the gun, the gun, the gun

So through some crazy turn of events, it seems that my long-dead gaming clan is having some sort of post-mortem spasms. We used to primarily be a Counter-Strike community (particularly for 1.6 and earlier), and by the time CS:Source rolled around, we were starting to dissipate a bit. And between the creation of a Facebook page and the recent release of CS:GO, it seems like we're keeping in touch and (gasp!) spending in-game time together. We've even got a server. And a website/forum refresh to boot.

It's a really good feeling to see some of these people still kicking around, and getting to spend some (digital) time with them. There used to be so much politics and drama, and now... There are a bunch of people messing around, joking, and having a good time. And remembering the good times, too.

I don't know if it'll stay like this, if people will keep on playing or resume posting in the forums. I hope they do. I'm glad I got to do some fragging with them while I could, before school gets too crazy. Here's hoping that they'll still be around if/when I emerge from the other side of my education.

Anyways, it's been a weird day. I've been in a bit of a concentration-less limbo. Floated around between a bunch of different activities and thoughts. School's starting off a bit slow, so I'm stuck in this weird mode where I don't have lots of homework, but I'm too scared stiff to actually sit back and enjoy the lack thereof. I'm sure it'll all change soon enough.
-Cril

Then describe it
He came toward meWith a pistol?
From my bureau
Did you fight him?
Like a tiger
He had strength and she had none


And yet we both reached for the gun

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes we both
Oh yes we both
Oh yes, we both reached for
The gun, the gun, the gun, the gun
Oh yes, we both reached for the gun
For the gun

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes they both

Oh yes, they both
Oh yes, they both reached for
The gun, the gun, the gun, the gun,
Oh yes, they both reached for the gun
For the gun
 
Christine Baranski/Cleve Asbury/Renée Zellweger/Richard Gere/Rick Negron/Suaun Amyot - We Both Reached for the Gun

No comments: