Monday, August 18, 2014

Drinking All the Heat

So this week. It was a thing.

I had my first interview on Friday at a marketing firm. It went well. Long story short, the creative director liked my stuff and said there's the possibility of a freelance project. If that goes well, there might be a 3 month contract. And if that goes well, there might be a job. So I'm a bit conflicted; I'm excited at having a solid prospect on the horizon, but I'm a bit scared that I'll maybe maybe have a job in 3-4 months. That's a ways away. But at least it's something. 

My biggest stress right now is that I'm still couch (er, guest room) surfing with my friends. Don't get me wrong, they're some of my favouritest people in the world and I love being a part of their home and they haven't been anything other than incredibly gracious and generous. But I know that they aren't particularly looking for another member of the household to take up space and eat their food. I'm antsy to get work so that I can get my own place. The last thing I want to do is overstay my welcome or take advantage of their hospitality. 

_MG_5683

On a bit of a whim I actually went out to Banff/Lake Louise with them for a day trip on Saturday. I was supposed to only be at their house for breakfast, and then they talked me into coming along. I had a good time, I enjoy spending time with them. The scenery itself was breathtaking, but the throng of tourists was vomit inducing. I guess that's what you get for visiting a tourist destination on an August weekend.

It's scary that the summer is almost over. I feel like I don't a lot to show for it.

I don't have much else to report at the moment. I'm feeling slightly uninspired and apprehensive.
-Cril

I was in a prison with imaginary bars
I was riding shotgun in imaginary cars
One was filled with wind twisting through an iron mouth
One was made of trees with no keys to shimmy out 

When the sun fell down and fell asleep
Drunk from drinking all the heat
It made a splash onto the sky
The stars stayed up 'til morning

Imaginary Bars - Great Lake Swimmers

No comments: