Sunday, August 23, 2015

Small Things

Car's fixed. I hate to admit it, but it took me a solid 30mins to get the distributor cap properly mounted. I have no idea what Porsche was thinking with those spring-loaded, right angle screws. But I got it in eventually, and I really hope I never have to take it back off.

Autumn started this week. Even though all the trees are still full of leaves, there's a subtle coolness in the air. And we got a brief hit of winter, too - we had two days of solid rain, and on the second one there were odd flecks of damp snow scattered throughout.

It's got me thinking about how I'm going to get around over the winter. I don't think I should be taking the 944 out. The salt is going to eat it alive and it takes a while to warm up in the cold. I can't imagine it's particularly good for it to be running in extreme temperatures, either.

That's all I got. I'm feeling a bit out of it tonight.
-Cril

No comments: