Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Best Valentine's Day Is The One Left Uncelebrated

Whelp, it's Valentine's Day again. But this time it feels a bit different. For once I'm in a relationship full of mutual love and respect. We trust each other, we're comfortable with each other. And I'm earning enough to take her out to a fancy restaurant so she can order a stupidly expensive steak. And I have a comfortable car to get us both to and from said fancy restaurant. And I still have enough money left so I can get her a big bunch of flowers and some good chocolate and a couple of gifts. It seems like, for once, I've met all the prerequisites to have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

And the best part? We're not doing any of the above. Be still my heart, I've found a woman that I can be myself around and is happy to just be together without all the obligatory customs. The knowledge that we could easily celebrate the holiday but we're both happy not to... is sublime.

This is, by far, the best Valentine's Day I've ever had.

My god, I love this girl. I think I'm going to have to drive her to a fancy restaurant to eat a stupidly expensive steak, then give her flowers and chocolates and gifts to show her how much I appreciate her.
-Cril

My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?

But don't change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentines day

Michael Buble - My Funny Valentine

1 comment:

Frank said...

IT WAS A TRAP!