Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mountains and mountains

Why is it that as you go about your day you have thing after thing you want to write in the blog, but when you actually get infront of a keyboard... Blah. Let's see what I can remember.

I want to go on record as saying I hate phones. Talking to people I don't actually know over the phone is worse. I suppose the same goes for VOIP. I like in person, in email, in instant messaging, in writing. But I get unusually nervous phioning people I don't know well. I don't mind talking to my family and close friends, but beyond that... Gah.

Anyhoo, I week ago today I drove back home for a surprise visit. I had a blast, it was great to get the jump on my family and hang out with them for the Rememberance Day long weekend. The drive was pretty brutal. I have better things I could do with ~11hrs of my time, but I gotta say... The drive between Calgary and the BC Fraser Valley is *gorgeous*. The mountains are so fantastic, and you go through such an assortment of environments. Plains, to mountains, to desert, to rainforest. Absolutely stunning each way. It looks just as good during the winter as spring. I loved it. The drive itself were pretty hairy in spots - There was some pretty nasty snow. On one stetch of road, there were about a dozen cars in the ditch. But as per request by Frank... Happy fun photos! These were only taken on the start of going west. It got dark fast, and we made the return trip during the night. And the fact that I took the pics from inside a moving van doesn't make it better. Meh.












The last one may not seem too exciting, but keep in mind that was taken some ~4000 feet above sea level. We were driving the Coquihalla, which is basically... A highway riding the top of a mountain range. Trees as far as the eye can see, but you're *really* elevated. Drove my ears crazy, what with the popping.

In other news, I got demoted at work for something I didn't do (Although I DID have it coming), played commander for the first time in BF2142 and got 120 points, I have a few ideas for things I want to draw, I enjoyed skating tonight (it's a lot more fun when you get to throw your weight into your movement), and I ordered a $15 iPod battery that came to $37 after tax and shipping. The kicker is that I think it may be a HD or memory issue. The battery dies when I go to something not pre-stored in the memory. I ran some diagnostics which turned out green, so there shouldn't be something to worry about. But if the battery doesn't fix it, 30GB video here I come... For Christmas, that is.

And Smallville sucks. Lana? Having Lex's CHILD? How horribly, stereotypically, bad drama is that anyways? I watched all of the current season with Rob, and we tore it apart the whole time. That show's only good for making fun of at this point. Oh, and I LOVED Heroes. It's like Lost, except not... Sucky. And Battlestar is good. As always.
-Cril

When all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through

All American Rejects - Move Along

No comments: