Sunday, January 14, 2007

So lazy...

I can't believe how incredibly unproductive I've been feeling these past few weeks. I dunno what it is, but I can't bring myself to do anything semi worthwhile.

Lemme start off with a quick recap of the week. I started (and finished) watching The Office over the past week. That is to say, I'm all caught up. What an addictive show, I had a hard time pulling away from it. I stayed up quite later on some nights, watching more than I should have. And that, of course, resulted in some weird dreams. Anyhoo, very good show. Excellently acted, and written perfectly. I love it.

In the gaming front, I haven't touched Company of Heroes in a week or so. No, I haven't finished the game. I dunno what it is, but... That game just doesn't really captivate me. Well, any game, really. Sure, I'll play them (to avoid drawing or reading or graphic designing, etc). But I know I'm not enjoying them as much as I used to. Every time I finish some gaming, I exit the program feeling incredibly unsatisfied. Maybe my tastes are turning away from gaming? Or is it maybe the general status of life and my mindset?

To get through the point, even though I played some good games and found a new, great show, I'm just left so unsatisfied. Gah. What is it that I want to do with myself for enjoyment? I can't figure it out. I guess I'm not all that happy with life at the moment.
/shrugs

One of those other games I've played has been Oblivion IV. As a person who generally likes to explore every corner and complete every mission, I think I'm turned off by the scale of things. Don't get me wrong - The game seems amazing. The sheer detail on such a huge scale is incredible. I understand the good reviews it's been getting. But knowing that I'd need to pump a rediculous amount of time into it to finish it all. It's just so... Open ended. Bah.

Anyhoo, this whole non-productive thing is going to cause issues this month. There's an incredible amount of stuff to be done at work. And I'm not sure how much of it I can actually do. What the hell do I know about marketing? How am I going to find a key demographic to target with a banner ad campaign? I thought I was the graphics guy. Tell me what the message is and where it appears, and maybe I can whip something up that looks pretty. I have no experience with marketing. I didn't take it at school. I am not qualified for any of this. Heck, all the graphic skills I know I've developed on my lonesome. I don't know what I'm doing.

Gah, these next few months are going to be torture. I don't think I'm enjoying my job as much as I used to. Time for a change, perhaps. Ugh...
-Cril

If I chose to spite you
Engage your disgrace
We'll suffer in silence
And make due with fate
Are you down to be angry?
Show me yours and I'll show you mine
Or are you down just to be down?
I don't believe the words you sing sometimes

But then it's your life
Uh huh, it's your life
It's your life
Uh huh, it's your life

But, you only got one

You've only got...one...

Frou Frou - Only Got One

No comments: