Monday, January 08, 2007

Over my head? Perhaps.

Okay, so like for whatever reason my here at my uncle's house the internet has been temporarily upgraded to 'extreeme', touting all sorts of impressive numbers and figures that I can't seem to remember. So I've been doing a bit of torrenting, downloading, and gaming. And quite frankly, I can't tell the difference. Sure, I got a normal FTP download going at 600kB/s, but that's about it. I don't think I've been having as much surfing troubles while torrenting as well. My gaming, on the other hand, isn't that impressive. I've gotten some nice ping/latency ratings, but the game still runs on the laggy side. Weird stuff.

I tried out a Wii this weekend. I found it ironic I had to hand in my driver's licence in order to get the controller to demo a racing game (Excite truck). I think I found the controls easier to use and more intuitive than I thought. But at the same time, I didn't like it. Maybe it was the game itself, I wasn't too fond of it. I wish I could've tried Wii Sports or Zelda or Red Steel or something else. Racing doesn't seem like a great selling point on the control scheme. We'll see. I still want to get my hands on Zelda, at least.

On a semi-related note, apparently there are rumours of a Gears of War release for PC. I'd totally be interested in that action. I'm almost at the point of buying a X360 for GoW. There isn't really anything else that I think is a "must have" for the system, but I also keep hearing good things about the Xbox Live features. But I'll stick to PC, if possible. I don't need to spend the extra money.

I guess I'm settling back into regular routine after the Christmas break. I guess this'll be my first full work week since then. I haven't been sleeping well over the past two or three weeks. I think switching beds 3 or 4 times between two differant places is throwing me off. Gah.

But you know how much sleeps there are until the BNL concert? Only a months worth. w00t. That's a good thing. But y'know what really sucks? The Fray is coming to Calgary near the end of MArch, and tickets are sold out. Too bad, they were only $25 a piece. Sucky deal, I really would've liked to see them live.

I've been having a substancial amount of... Stress over school. Y'know, going to a campus I haven't decided on for a course selection I'm not sure of. Choosing what to take is really making me nervous. It's a lot of money to throw around, and there's no guarantee of nothin' once you're all done. I hate it.

I'm sure the man upstairs has something planned out for me. I just wish it had more neon signs right now.
-Cril

I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a cue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)

No comments: