Sunday, August 10, 2008

But it's not what you're sure of, It's what you don't know

Well, what a mediocre end to a less than mediocre week. Both of the fine gentlemans I share the office/room with were in pretty miserable moods. Believe it or not, the reason for one of the foul moods was computer problems - my bosses' machine inexplicably crashed. On the plus side, I wasn't the one who did it! I think.

I'm really trying hard to get through Season 3 of Avatar - but I'm having horrible luck. I figured I'd do it with my sister, as she was rapidly burning through the first and second seasons, until... The last DVD of Season 2 was missing. After a few days of looking, I finally downloaded the four missing episodes. My sister caught up to S3, so we started watching... And got all of three and a half episodes in before the media device crashed and refused to work for the rest of the weekend. Which meant I ended up loafing around down here in the basement for too much of the weekend, watching some Top Gear, loafing around... And loafing around some more.

Until I read an IGN article about the best games ever, and ran across one called "Mafia", which I proceeded to downloadify and installed this morning. So far it's pretty good - I really dig the atmosphere and story so far. Hence the art for this week:



And now I'm feeling fairly crappy - a headache and unsettled stomach. Blech.
-Cril

We all had positions, we each had a role
We'd over-rehearsed it; we had full control
They can't teach you acting it's there in your soul
It's the same with a bank job and each thing we stole


So I don't need attitude
Cause you knew just what to do
We all did our best now
We all need to rest now
Leave me alone
Wait by the phone

I was the driver; you ran the show
You had the last word, the go or no go
I knew every laneway in Ontario
But it's not what you're sure of,
It's what you don't know

It should have been filled with the usual ones
Throwing their cash into mutual funds
We all had our ski masks and sawed off shotguns
But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?

Barenaked Ladies - Bank Job

No comments: