Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Let it go

Filosofikal rambling of the day: HOPE. It's written in childish script of crayon on a cut-out piece of paper, and idly abandoned on the table, until it's swept up and into the garbage to make room for the incoming possessions of the world.

Sounds horrible, right? Well it actually happened - I was cleaning up the lab at work to make room for an incoming shipment. Lo and behold, there was a piece of small scrap paper cut into a circle with HOPE written on it in crayon. I think one of the many childrens at the office did it. Anyhoo, it seemed like a wildly profound moment. Never mind the face that there was a similar piece of paper with "CUCUMBER" written on it. They both ended up in the trash.

Moving on, I finished Avatar about a week ago. It was a pretty solid, epic ending. Uncle Iroh and the White Lotus group were wildly unexplored and a bit of a letdown. Which is a bit of a drag. There were moments that were horribly childish (go figure, for a Nickelodeon cartoon), and kinda pulled me out of it. I wish it would've been a bit darker and depressing (what can I say, The Dark Knight has left an impression on me), but considering what it was I guess I don't have any solid complaints.

There's a chill in the air, it's like a switch was flipped at the beginning of the week. Which I guess makes some kinda uncanny connection with how my sister just left to go back to school, after my Dad and bro came to visit. The oncoming autumn chill seems to have signified the end of a season not only in nature, but also in life.


I nabbed Beyond Good and Evil from Steam this past weekend for $5. So far I'm only about an hour or two in, but I have to admit there's a certain charm to the game which has me excited to play some more after I finish this post.

And to get closer to that objective, behold! Ye art!



Don't you just wish you knew the story behind it. Well too bad.

...

(There really isn't one)

Oh! And also, I dare you to find me a better music video than the one below. Man, it's gorgeous. The saddest part is that it isn't official - it's done by a third party. If more vids were like this... There would be a lot less crappy music videos.



And that is all.
-Cril

Honesty
Is what you need
It sets you free
Like someone to save you
Let it go
But hurry now
There's undertow
And I don't want to lose you now

All right
Sit down and spill your heart
Lets start from the very start
Cause I can see by your eyes
You're wasted
Your energy comes and goes
You taking your time, you know
Nothing can change what happened, you know

OneRepublic - Someone to Save You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.