Monday, September 01, 2008

You can't get the sound from a story in a magazine

This week in gaming is brought to you by an absurd amount of Test Drive Unlimited, complete with two-and-a-half laps of the island. That's something like 2 hours in and of itself... Also, I completely ROCKED some Pyro and Heavy Teamfortress 2 action with Frank - I can't believe I got some many points AND achievements. I did so hella great. This week was also brought to you by Beyond Good and Evil - camera issues, bugs, nuances... And a surprisingly solid storytelling. Which, you all know, I love so much.

So, this week... I started AND finished watching the first season of Life on Mars. All I gotta say is... Gotta love them British shows. They sure know how to do TV - long episodes, with only about six of 'em to the season. This particular one is pretty good too - it's well written and has a great unique element to it. I'm currently waiting for season two to finish - it's been taking forever.

It's been a pretty lousy long weekend though. Around Thursday afternoon I came down with a pretty bad stomach bug... And it pretty much stayed with me until this morning. Upset stomach and digestive issues... Blech. Also made me kinda light-headed and tired. But I was feeling back up to normal today, I went out and did some shopping and banking. And then... I had a box o' Mac & Cheese for supper... Which, maybe, just put me back to square one. Woo, this'll make for a fun week.

In other news, turns out I'll be changing ships and moving in with some coworkers/friends, instead of staying with my Aunt and Uncle. It'll be an interesting change of scenery - I'm not sure how long I'll remain out here in Cowboy Central City. Probably until Christmas... Maybe a little longer? Hooray for uncertainty. Regardless, it'll make for an interesting few months at least.

Now, art. This weekend's project is a challenge between me and the Frank - we had to both draw this picture, just so we could see how the two pieces compare. You can see his entry here, and mine is below. The lines didn't quite turn out as well as I was hoping, and the colours are kinda weak, but I think I did okay.



In a semi-related note, I did sketch #250 today. Woohoo! That leaves 116 to go. Erm, or 117 because this year has/had a leap day. Go figure.
-Cril

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
"Can't you tell that it's out of style?"
Should I get a set of while wall tires?
"Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
Nowadays you can't be too sentimental
Your best bet's a true baby blue Continental"
Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me

Oh, it doesn't matter what they say in the papers
'Cause it's always been the same old scene
There's a new band in town
But you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine
Aimed at your average teen

Billy Joel - It's Still Rock and Roll to Me

No comments: