Saturday, March 07, 2009

Restlessness

It's snowing again. Pretty much a full-fledged blizzard - lots of wind, low visibility, and we've maybe gotten at least 5-6cm in the past three hours. Earlier this afternoon I went for a walk and even wore my spring/summer jacket. I'm inexplicably pulled to go out again in the thick of it... But it's rather late and I don't even own a pair of boots. I think it's the worst I've seen this winter.

I bought World of Goo and Unreal Tournament on Steam this morning. Their weekend deals are just too good. Unfortunately, with the recent patch and free weekend it looks like the content servers are pretty clogged. I've been "downloading" UT3 all day, but it's only at 20% and stops frequently. Mind you, it *is* a 8GB game and would take a while regardless.

Doesn't change the fact that I should be getting other things done. Things I really desperately want to procrastinate on, but know I can't afford to. "All work on it all this week" I tell myself. Oh shucks, looks like we're going to watch a movie tonigh. Just got the next page ffor the comic - I need to colour! I need to unwind, maybe a lil' Assassin's Creed would be ok. And it goes on and on and on.

I watched the premiere of Reaper today, it was pretty good. Has all the lame-o elements of your standard young-adult programming, but they have some pretty clever writers on staff. There were a few truly precious moments where I found myself laughing.

The Office was good, last week's Battlestar was soap-opera-tastic except for the last ten minutes, I haven't seen this week's yet (we had non BSG-fan guests over), Burn After Reading was unique in a bizarre and depressing way.

I really don't feel like going to bed right now, even though it's ten-to-tomorrow. World of Goo? Assassin's Creed? Muck around the internet? A bit of GTA4 freeplay? Read some High Fructose?

Sketch71 copy

So many choices, so little motivation. I wish my window wouldn't freeze-up so easily - I think I just want to sit here and watch the snow.
-Cril

My sorry name
Has made it to graffiti
I was looking for
Someone to complete me
Not anymore, dear
Everything has changed

You make the moon a mirrorball
The streets an empty stage
The city's sirens, violins
Everything has changed

Elbow - Mirrorball

No comments: