Sunday, March 29, 2009

A week, a day

This past week I finished Assassin's Creed (again) and watched The Da Vinci Code. Talk about medieval/crusade/Holy Grail/religion/conspiracy theory overload. Wowza. Having zero knowledge of the book, I found the movie to be rather intriguing. It wasn't horrible, certainly isn't on one of my 'Best...' lists, but it was worth the watch. I really dig the mix of mythology and conspiracy - it reminds me of Deus Ex. Now there's a game I haven't played in a while.

I babysat my two cousins last night. My uncle's out on a business trip and my aunt had something to go to for the evening. As a whole, the evening went surprisingly well. They weren't nearly as unruly as when I last watched them in the summer. Played some games, read, ate, put 'em to bed. It went rather well. My intentions were to walk home - it'd only be a ~45 min journey tops, with the last half on paths. But then the Aunt arrived at midnight and it was snowing pretty heavily. I didn't even mention it to her - I'm pretty sure she would've looked at me like I was crazy. So she drove me home, I went inside and dropped my backpack off before heading out again for a quick half-hour walk. I was back and in bed before 12:45.

Sketch97 copy

That one took me a while. Almost an hour, I think. I sat down and worked on it while I listened to the last half of the final Battlestar Galactica Podcast. After that I did some laundry, started on the taxes, and tackled a few other (small) odds and ends.

Annnnd... That's about it, really. I have nothing profound or interesting to say this week. Like most weeks, I guess.
-Cril

Rows of lights in a circle of steel
Where you place your bets on a great big wheel
High windows flickerin' down through the snow
A time you know
Sights and sounds of the people goin' round
Everybody's in step with the season

Gordon Lightfoot - Circle of Steel

No comments: