Sunday, August 23, 2009

Inside-out, upside-down

I watched Unbreakable last night. Good movie, I liked it. Very interesting cinematography, and the storytelling was great. Very atmospheric, it really had me hooked. I almost wish there was a sequel.

I played through Mirror's Edge again, this time with PhysX enabled. It's truly something to behold when you're playing. The smoke was alright, but the fabric was amazing.

IMG_0471.1

The BMW didn't pan out. For whatever reason, they don't want to sell it to me, and won't take my calls or respond to emails. It's a shame, I kinda had my heart set on it. Not that it matters any more, back to the grind stone.

I'm not sure that I'll even be able to get a car now. I've put it off too long, and now I'm down to the last week before school. Maybe if I were to find something quick, I could get it insured and registered before next Tuesday. That might be stretching it though.

Sketch253 copy

It's so scary that the end of summer is already waiting on the doorstep. I'm rather anxious about starting school, and not in a good way. My concentration is horrible, and I don't know how to enjoy my spare time. At least there's only one week left.
-Cril

No response on any level
Red-alert - this vessel's under siege
Total overload all systems down they've got control
There's no way out
We are surrounded
Give in, give in and relish every minute of it

Imogen Heap - The Walk

2 comments:

Frank said...

The best thing about college is that if you fail, your parents can't get mad at you because it's your money you spent. Remember, you're not going to college to win. You're going to learn. To get better. To hone the knife known as Chris.

You must understand that at this point, you are your own master. You live in your own place. Your crap uncle and aunt treat you like regular employee, so you own your work destiny. And you are about to start a college career. With no help from anyone, but you.

Just take a minute when you get anxious, close your eyes, take some breaths and imagine that anxiety as a bouncing red ball and crush it with your mind.

Remember. The worst thing that can happen is a bear cock in your ass.

Crilix said...

"The best thing about college is that if you fail..."

It doesn't matter how you end that sentence, it ain't going to be too encouraging :P

I tells ya - if I end up developing an irrational phobia of bears, I'm sending the Psychiatrist's bill straight TO YOU.
-Cril