Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week END.

GAH! I am SO not pleased with myself right now. I didn't have much work to do this weekend. A few pages in the sketchbook for drawing, a reading for humanities, and some concepts for jewelry. "Great!" I tell myself, "That'll leave me lots of time to get other things done this weekend!" Organize my room, sort out some paperwork, play a game... The possibilities were endless.

Instead, the homework with SHOULD have been done early Saturday evening just got finished 20mins ago. Because I knew it wasn't that much to do, I kinda took my time with it and procrastinated a lil' here, and put things off over there. Yeah, I got some "free time", but none of it was guilt-free, and all of it was in small doses of doing nothing significant (a YouTube video here, Wikipedia article there, check the odd RSS feed, etc). I am so, so lazy. And as a result I am so, so mad at myself. The jewelry concepts turned out to be more challenging than I expected, but aside from that I have no good excuse for my lack of focus this weekend. And now the weekend is 10mins from being over.

I guess I'm officially entering week three. So far, things have been a bit easier than last semester. I hesitate to say that I expect I'll have more free time - I feel that I'm just waiting for the other foot to drop. Just wait for it - it has to be coming. The problem with the foot not landing (yet) is that I get carried away in my head, thinking the way things are will be the norm. It leads to the stupid procrastinating above, and other idiotic thoughts ("I want to try playing Mass Effect", "I wonder if I should preorder Bad Company 2", "I should resume the sketch-a-day", etc). It's so frusterating and misleading. I sure hope that when things go nuts I'll be able to drop everything else and focus on what's important.

"But reading break is coming up - think of all the things you can do!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Sketch288 copy

Blah. I feel all sorts of terrible right now. Tired, stressed, overwhelmed. The scary thing is I've only completed two weeks. Two weeks.
-Cril

And how can we win
When fools can be kings
Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

Muse - Knights of Cydonia

4 comments:

Frank said...

Could be worse. You could be a Haitian.

Crilix said...

Well, that certainly puts things into perspective...
-Cril

Frank said...

Yeah, I've gone from the "raped and eaten by a bear" school to the "you could be Haitian" school.

Just seemed logical to stay current, you know? Bears are so out of style.

Crilix said...

Ah, and here I was thinking that the bear was a classic, truly a timeless metaphor...
-Cril