Sunday, January 31, 2010

Too long, too long

What the hell happened? Where has all my self-discipline and concentration gone? I can't seem to really make myself put aside less important things in favour of work. I played 3.5hrs of Bad Company 2 this weekend, and I really should have used it to do homework. Don't get me wrong - I REALLY enjoyed it. It's a solid, enjoyable game that I want to play MORE. But, I shouldn't have been playing while there were other things to get done. Arrrgh. I'm not even getting up right away when the alarm goes off in the morning. Where did all the determination go?

In (brief) other news, I landed in the black for the month of January. First time I've avoided a monthly net loss since July. Not quite as impressive as I'd like, though, because I worked a full week while on winter break at the beginning of the month, and I paid the Winter 2010 tuition in December. Either way, it's nice to save some money for a change. I should celebrate and by myself lunch or a book or something. But that would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?
-Cril

Hello again, it’s been too long
Too long, too long
Hello again
You know you got what it is I want
Anyway I’m gonna take it from you

Dave Matthews Band - Hello Again

1 comment:

Kredos said...

I totally know what you mean, man. Lately, I've been hitting the snooze button a lot and at least two times in the past week, I've had a drive to school or else I'd be late. I honestly think that it's all because I don't have the drive for most of my classes anymore. Heck knows I want to get up on time for AHIS...arugh.

As for the saving of money, kudos to you.