Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sgt. Pepper

Normally, I drone on about how much I loathe the goings-on of February the 14th. And indeed, I certainly wouldn't mind if St Valentine went and hurled himself off of a cliff.

But that's okay, because today I'm celebrating CHINESE NEW YEAR! And, as I've been informed, there is a certain tradition wherein the married and elderly give the young and single people money (an even amount) inside of a red envelope. This ems rather appropriate, given what day it is. It's a shame, though, that Chinese New Year falls on a different day each year. Bah.

In other news, I still have lots of homework. A colour chart is kicking my ass, I have a mega drawing assignment I need to get to, a humanities presentation to put together (on Karl Marx!), and notes/slides to put together for the history exam. Oh, and I need to organize my process for the jewelry project, but at least I've finished the physical work on it. This is actually my reading break, but between all that stuff plus the hours I want to get in at work (I need to make up for all these insane supply costs somehow), I almost feel like the week is already over.

I feel like garbage.

Where are my red envelopes, people?
-Cril

Kenny Burrell - Lament

2 comments:

Eric said...

As an older, married person I'm not sure I more than the few pennies sitting on my dresser that I could give you. Maybe you have to be way older and way more married?

Crilix said...

How would you get 'way more married'?

Either way, I'll take what I can get. Just remember that it has to be an even amount. You give odd amounts at funerals.
-Cril