Sunday, June 13, 2010

Musings for a Sunday Evening

Hrm, I don't know what to talk about today. It's coming near the end of the semester - tomorrow I'll be on my last week of classes, and then I have exams after that. I gotta stay on top of my note taking and figure the best way to start studying.

I need a haircut. My head is big and poofy. To be perfectly honest, I kind of like it - when my hair gets overgrown it starts to curl a bit. But it remains huge, halfway between an afro and a soft, completely useless helmet. But when I put a hat on, it's okay. When I take a hat off, it's not. When I try to comb it for church, it looks terrible. But I AM in art school, right? Maybe I need to consciously start poofing it out a la Bob Ross, and before long I can tie it back into a pony tail. Real artistic like. Yeah.

I watched One Week the other day. Such a good movie. I need to get me a motorbike and have an adventure. Or maybe instead I'll save for school. And a laptop. Ugh, that's a can of worms in and of itself.

I got a letter from my bank this week, congratulating me on finishing school. It even said "no more late nights and exams". Nothing but a cheery pep-talk to tell me that they're going to start charging me $13/mo in service fees now that I'm no longer a student. Sigh, how depressing. I need to call them up and assure them that I have another three years to go. Hurrah. I even went to a grad party for a friend/roommate, who had just finished her 4 years. I'm so jealous. I can't really say I'm looking forward to any of the next three years, and I wish I could just fast-forward through life until I've graduated.

Sketch38 copy

I think... The problem is that in between the time of submitting my application and receiving the answer I had contemplated the possibilities of not getting accepted. I decided I'd do something substantial and have an adventure. But now I won't, I have more important things to do and commit to. I guess it's the same kinda rush of fascination you get from thinking about winning the lottery - all of the sudden the world is full of exciting possibilities. But something tells me I'm not going to shake this one so easily. I'm not looking forward to giving up gaming and movies and financial independence and reading and playing instruments and late-night walks and recreational drawing for twenty-four of the next thirty-six months. I want to enjoy my hobbies, and at some point load up a massive backpack to take with me to a country where I don't speak the language.

One can dream, I suppose. And wait.
-Cril

Stella Errans
Stella, stella, errans
Stella, stella, stella, errans

Ibœla, iriri yoda
Teberé yhoné lofiberé yoda

Stella, stella, stella, errans

Ibæla, iriri yoda
Teberé yhoné lofiberé

Cirque Du Soleil - Stella Errans

No comments: