Thursday, June 21, 2012

Siegfried Line

I'm not dead! Just hella busy. Last weekend I went with some relatives to meet my grandparents for a couple days. I, of course, am a bit of a solitary beast, so going a whole weekend without some alone time was pretty rough. But all in all, it was a good trip, and I need to drive that route again.

As little of it wound up here, I've been doing a lot of writing. I've spent a large time on the road over the last weekend, and it's given me far too much time to think about too many things. And there've been some... Less than awesome epiphanies along the way. One minute I was taking a break from writing in my journal to watch some scenery float by, and the next something had kinda hit me like a brick in the side of the head. So jarring and surreal.

I guess that what happens when you take a moment to sort out what's going on in your head just enough to form them into recordable words. Things add up, and eventually you have a bigger picture staring you in the face.



Sketch059


And off I go tomorrow for even more driving. I guess that's good. There's a lot to think about. Unfortunately.
-Cril

We're going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
Have you any dirty washing Mother dear?
We're going to hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
For the washing day is here



Whether the weather may be wet or fine
We'll just rub along without a care
We're gonna hang out the washing on the Siegfried Line
If the Siegfried Line's still there


Vera Lynn - Hang Out the Laundry on the Siegfried Line

No comments: