Sunday, December 02, 2012

One More Lap of the Solar System

Sucks that I haven't posted in so long. School, homework, workload, blah blah blah, etc etc.

And this post is gunna be pretty quick.

I just want to say that it's pretty awesome to have a few people know and care about your birthday without having to say/do anything. Although I have a Facebook profile (that I seldom use), I made a point of not making my birthdate visible. I can't stand the half-hearted well-wishes from people that I haven't even talked with in a year. Seems kinda... Superficial.

And on the other end of the spectrum, I have a friend that ordered a movie for me. I have an uncle and aunt that took me out for Peruvian cuisine (each year for my birthday they take me to a different international restaurant, and it's quickly becoming a favourite tradition to go for food that I've never had before and don't know what to expect). They even gave me a small tuner for instruments. Then there's my classmate/buddy/bro/pal, who arrived to class with a big ol' slab of chocolate cake with eight candles. Just to know that he remembered and went a little bit out of his way for it made me feel good. Overall, they all might be overly grandiose gestures but... It's good to know that I have some friends and family that care. It's a damn fine feeling.

Anyways. Time to get back at it.
-Cril

You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too, yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you


Beatles - Birthday

No comments: