Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chuckin' It

So the other weekend I just passed a major milestone in my quest to graduate from Graduate to Actual Adult. I went out, and for the first time in my life, bought a pair of shoes that cost more than $40. In fact, they cost double that. At the behest of a friend and a girl from work, I replaced some cheap and rapidly deteriorating Chuck-like Walmart sneakers with a brand new pair of plain-Jane, black and white leather Converse Chuck's. $80. Not even on sale or anything.

They're pretty nice and comfortable. The laces are oddly short (surely, a conspiracy to purchase new ones), but they look pretty good. I feel somehow proud of myself for having something of quality and of a brand that isn't generic-sounding and reeking of a budget shelf. I don't know if I should be proud of the fact, though, that I've bought into some big brand name. Does it make me cooler now? A sellout? Or just desperate? Who cares.

One thing's for sure, though. I am going to be mighty pissed if these things don't last more than 6 months. That must've been the main point of the whole purchase in the first place.

Anyways, onwards and upwards.
-Cril

No comments: