Sunday, October 04, 2015

Post-September Chills

Oof, big couple weeks. People havin' babies, gettin' girlfriends, doin' travellin', buyin' bidnesses, buyin' cars. And working late. Oh yes, lots of that.

I'm gettin' kinda sick of the long hours. Some of them are self-imposed, mind you. Even though I'm workin' hard to stay on top of things and doing the best I can, I've been feeling kinda useless at work. I've let a few, dumb, stupid mistakes slip through the cracks, and I get the feeling that my boss isn't overly happy with anything I produce. It doesn't help that he's a bit over worked and under-vacationed, and is getting kinda agitated. It doubly doesn't help that I'm super receptive to that kind of tension and it kinda wrecks my concentration. Sigh. Work sucks. Except when it doesn't.

The other week I was feeling that my boss was getting fed up with me and was inches from letting me go. I don't know if that's even remotely close to the truth or not, but I was in a funk for a little while. But I figure, hey, if they let me go something else will come along, right? I'm living cheap and can live even cheaper if I need to. If no one will take a chance on me, maybe I can get by flipping burgers for a living. I even have some emergency savings should something like that transpire. Life will go on, in one way or another.

In other news, winter has come out of nowhere and landed with the grace of a muddy brick. Things are suddenly cold. I've started winterizing my basement suite, sealing the windows with plastic sheets and foam. There's not much I can do.

In other other news, I have internet access! Yes, I'm sure that's quite surprising, coming from someone posting to a web site. My upstairs housemates moved out last week, and took the wifi with them. So I got my own account and was hooked up this morning. Only $25 a month, until it's $70 a month. ISPs are such a racket.

Also, welcome to Inktober. The goal is to draw once a day for the entire month, and was a welcome challenge when my internet pal approached me to do it with him. I haven't drawn much in... months. Haven't done any freelance or design or anything. Just work and movies and gaming. It'll be nice to do something more constructive.
-Cril

No comments: