Sunday, January 22, 2006

Do it wrong, not at all, or do it right...

w00tage! The Wacom artZII tablet arrived this Thursday! It great. Even though it was used, developed to work in DOS and only cost me $100 it has both pressure and tilt functions. It's not quite as sensitive as the Intuos I've used, but this perfect for me. Sure, sometime down the road I plan on buying my own new one, but this will do me just fine for a while to come. I promptly proceeded to 'test' it out over the next two days, and here's the result.

It took me 7 hrs or so to do, painted on top of this Cowboy Bebop scene. Not bad, considering I suck. A 1600x900 version can also be found here for all your crappy wallpaper needs. The shadows at the feet aren't that great, but I'm pleased with the blending of the ground from light to dark. This was my first attempt at drawing decent buildings. It went okay, but I think the shading on the right side is a little too dark or blue or something. This was also my first time painting without a normal colour palette. If I was smart about it, I would've done it in black and white first, so I could avoid messing up my hues and whatnot. Oh well, it was an experience. As for the character himself, I think his neck is too long and his collar is messed up. *Shrugs* Well, the origional wasn't very high quality, so it was hard to go off of. Besides, I'm not even good enough to draw my own pictures, so this'll have to do.

On Friday I had a parcel arrive from home with some needed items. Ah, a second pillow. Now my head can rest at the right height and everything. I also got some baking from home... I'd mentioned it, but I didn't actually expect them to try mailing me food. Oh well, it's all good. You can't beat home-made baking. Especially when you're in a snacking mood.

The computer should hopefully arrive this week, which means nothing but a FORMAT! So, if there aren't any posts for the next little while, I'll be otherwise occupied with my machine. Either reinstalling things I've lost, playing Call of Duty 2 again with decent graphics, or (most likely) I'll be having problems with the machine I can't seem to fix. 'Cuz y'know... That's how it always goes.
-Cril

Gummed up, brain dead and can't decide
you can't pray enough, you can't hide
You can be cool or you can cry
Do it wrong
Not it all
Or do it right

No one owes you, no one's to blame
Save for bad genes or DNA
Ask your conscience the why and how
Do it then
Do it when
But, do it now

Yoko Kanno & The Seatblets - Ask DNA

No comments: