Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Incoming!

Argh! In the next week or so, I'm expecting to receive my tablet, a parcel from home, and my NEW COMPUTAR!! The comp is temporarily delayed because the credit card I used got declined... They'll be receiving a call tomorrow to get it straightened out. Oddly enough, though, I'm most excited for my tablet. Sure, the computer is screaming hot and cost me $1500, but there's something about the tablet... I don't know what it is, but getting to use my uncle's was a great experience. It made painting a whole new ballgame...

In other news, my clan got a CS1.6 server! w00t! 209.247.212.139:27015 I'm so glad... It's felt like we haven't had any direction or purpose over the last little while. At least with a pub we'll be able tog et together and play. That's all I need, playing with my clanmates is one of the best things to do.

Anyhoo, someone from my clan community started a thread in which we listed 5 things we're grateful for. Simple topic, but it's not visited enough. Here's what I said:

-----
I'm grateful for being born into a great family. It's an astonishing gift to be part of a group that will do so much for so little when you ask for it.

I'm grateful for humour. Smiles are beautiful things, and in a world where everything seems to be blowing up, falling down, wasted away and ever increasingly desperate, humour is a simple key to escaping our problems and being able to laugh at ourselves.

I'm grateful for music. It keeps my sanity, loses it, and keeps me content inbetween while I'm not quite sure where it's going or headed.

I'm grateful for all other forms of art: Paintings, poems, novels, sketches, rymes, storytelling, calligraphy, abstract, etc. Art is a great force that opens a corridor into the creator's mind. It depitcs things that will stretch us, helps us make new connections, and causes us to redescover our world time and time again in a differant way.

I'm grateful for my weaknesses. Sure, you'll probably hear more people appreciate their strenghths and talents, but I'm more thankful for where I come short. Without weaknesses, life would be pointless - No challenges and nothing to improve. They keep me forever aware of how incredibly mortal, naive and insignificant I am, and help me to value my time here all the more.

And just to break the rules and add a sixth, I'm grateful for you idiots and weirdos in the Friday Night Firefight Clan. No kidding, I wouldn't trade my time with you guys for anything. It's been fun, it's been serious, and it's been downright bizarre. I enjoy every moment of it.
-----
-Cril

Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

The moment I let go of it was
The moment I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it was
The moment I touched down

How about no longer being masochistic
How about remembering your divinity
How about unabashedly bawling your eyes out
How about not equating death with stopping

Alanis Morissette - Thank U

No comments: