Monday, June 19, 2006

Hands are the Devil's Playthings

Hands are a bugger to make believable. Presenting this weeks... erm... 'Art':


We're studying the process where you draw the basic core and bends of the shapes first and then expand to object outlines and then details. He put a bunch of crap together in the center (A chair, statue/manniquen, and various arms and limbs), but I think I got the worst possible angle. I could barely make sense of it in real life. But I did my best, and it turned out okay. I ran out of time, so some of the outlines are kinda weak in areas. And the arm on the bottom had a hand on it, but after 45mins working on it with no results, I chopped it off. Hense running short on time.

And holy crap, a SECOND arting?


I did this quickey Friday night, as I had a hankering to do something with colour. It's been stormy recently, so lightning seemed like something worth trying. The clouds look a bit too 2D and chaotic. The lighted grass looks okay. The parts I like best is the glow behind the lightning and the tree for the way it's lit and how it's being blown away. I tried to make the tree like the one I did a few drawings back. Oh well, I like it. Especially the colours.

In other news, the Honda died on me. In the left-hand lane. Of an intersection. During rush hour. While it was raining. A guy from the Minit Lube across the street helped me move it out of traffic, and let me use a phone to call me uncle. I was within spitting distance from the school, so I went ahead to the art class while he picked it up. All worked out. Sucky 20 minutes though.
-Cril

If you're listening to this song
You may think the chords are going wrong
But they're not;
He just wrote it like that.

The Beatles - Only a Northern Song

No comments: