Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bang.

What a complete... Surprise? Shock? How would I describe it?

Okay, so there was a kid, way back in 6th and 7th grade that I used to hang out with. We were pretty good friends, if I recall correctly. Anyhoo, this guy was really smart - The type to get A's in every class (Yes, even PE) without doing rediculous amounts of work. I used to look up to him so much, even though I was a bit older. And y'know what I just found out? He dropped out in Grade 10. He got a chick pregnant. He's currently a single dad, raising his two-year-old child and looking for work. Wow. How could someone possibly predict that? It's absolutely insane. I can't effectively put words to it. A bit of a blow to my mind.

General observation: It's interesting how some people change the way they act when someone is in their presence. No, I'm not talking about slandering someone behind their back, but the more subtle and most likely subliminal changes. Do we all change slightly when we're around some people? I'd assume so, you have differant degrees of relationships with differant degrees of people. I don't generally act the same around my mom as I do with my friends. But what about when several differant people are in the same room at once? It's interesting to notice someone becoming more confident and demeaning while you're on the other end of it. It's not something you can call them on. You know they're not doing it on purpose, it's just who they are and how they tick.

And, even though no one reads this, these are some things I wouldn't mind for Christmas. I hate asking for gifts, or giving people ideas for what to get me. I feel so selfish or something, it just makes me so uncomfortable. But here are a few things I wouldn't mind to have in my immediate possession, that I know I'm probably not going to get anyways.

Moby - Go
Frou Frou - Details
INXS - Switch
Apocalyptica - Apocalyptica
Yoko Kanno - Cowboy Bebop OST
BArenaked Ladies - Barenaked for the Holidays
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
William Orbit - Hello Waveforms
Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0, 2.5
Band of Brothers
Flight Simulator X
A good pen

On a differant tangent, what do you get for someone who doesn't appreciate anything longer than a week? What do you get that they'll put miles on for months and months, when they don't care what they got for their birthday a month ago? Something generic, that's what. Is it worth the effort to do something extra? It sure would make me feel better if I did, but I know it'll have zero impact on the other end. Gah, I hate shopping for Christmas. I hate shopping in general, really.

Feelin'... Seclusive and semi-deperessed.
-Cril

In your tears and in your blood
In your fire and in your flood
I hear you laugh, I heard you sing
I wouldn’t change a single thing
And the wheels just keep on turning
The drummers begin to drum
I don’t know which way I’m going
I don’t know what I’ve become

For you I’d wait till kingdom come
Until my days, my days are done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me

Coldplay - Till Kingdom Come

2 comments:

Frank said...

I talk blacker around black people.

Sho' 'nuff.

Your friend got an A in fucking his life up. Who knows, though? He might make a great dad.

For Christmas, you should get a micro mosquito and when it crashes, take it BACK.

Chin up, man. It's the prettiest time of the year. Desolate and cold, but full of cheer. Usually.

Crilix said...

Yeah, I hear he's doing a good job owning up to his responsibilities and being the best Dad he can. Still a bit of a shock though. It's crazy how all the promise in the world mean nothing when it comes to being 'successful'.

Yeah, I read your post about the 'sqweeter. Too bad it sucked so bad.
-Cril