Monday, February 05, 2007

Two posts in ONE!!

Okay, so I know I missed a week. I almost missed this week while I was at it, so relax.

Not much has been going on per se. Looks like I may just be staying in Calgary a bit longer than I had planned. I was thinking heading back late July. That'd give me lots of time to settle in and prep for going to back to school. This isn't concrete yet. It's looking like it'll go down that way, but things at work still have to shape up. Some kinda 'incentive' to stay and work would help things along. We'll see how things go along.

Regardless, I need to register for classes this fall. Ugh, how very daunting. I'm pretty sure graphic arts is where I wanna go, but I think I'll start with a term of more general studies. I think I'd be interested in a history course perhaps. Oh well, I need to go for at least one term so I can use those bursaries I've gotten. I'm still finding this intimidating though.

Oh, and if I am staying, I need to request some tax forms. That's another thing that scares me.

I bought my first cellphone this Saturday. I ordered it from Futureshop, a refurb LG 6190. I was gunna go for a cheaper model, but I think an extra $10 for a camera will come in handy. Why get a phone now? Well, for a few reasons. First, it's about time. Second, I've been fairly paranoid recently, what with the ugly weather and driving conditions combined with driving my uncle's old CRX. Don't get me wrong - I love the car, but it's been braking down recently (The seat busted, alternator replaced, and now the clutch is on the fritz). And last... I figured it was a pretty good deal. The fact that I get a free $50 worth of minutes, makes the $60 phone cost me only $10. If you follow my odd logic, that is.

Oh, and I bought sheets. That was an affair in and of itself. Basically, I made a mistake and got some a $60 set instead of a $25 one, and am too stubborn to return it. Dumb, I know. I try and justify it by thinking "Oh, they'll just last me a while". Heh, I sure hope...

Now, for a series of short, unrelated thoughts:

I've gone through seven (soon to be eight) rolls of lifesavers over the past week. Ugh.

There's a expansion pack for BF2142 in the works. If it's cheap (~$10) I think I'll get it. I've been enjoying the game thusfar.

I haven't touched Company of Heroes in two or three weeks. And I haven't finished it. I think I'm losing my passion for video games.

I'm also contemplating getting a Wii. No, I can't justify it after purchasing my $1500 gaming rig a year ago. Wii Sports still looks fun though. Even if I don't have a screen to hook the console up to...

I went rock climbing on Saturday and skating on Sunday. I'm unusually sore.

There wasn't any Heores OR Battlestar this week. I'm not thrilled. I blame the superbowl.

I don't think I'm gunna watch Scrubs or Lost anymore. I just don't care for them.

I need to draw. I started something on the weekend and didn't get any further than finding my references for it.

And finally... BARENAKED LADIES ON THURSDAY. w000000000000t! I think I want to get them to sign my iPod. That'd be hella sweet. I'm stocked either way.
-Cril

This thing
Called love
I just
Can't handle it
This thing
Called love
I must
Get round to it
But I ain't ready
For this crazy little thing called love
This called love

Josh Kelley - This Crazy Little Thing Called Love


This song ROCKS.

No comments: