Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Waiting by the Willow

I started off with the phrase "Waiting by the Willow". I didn't know where it came from, but I wanted to do something with it. So, seeing how I can draw (though somewhat poorly) that was the route I took. I was gunna write something to go with this. Except, y'know... I can't write all that well in the first place.



It seems appropriate to post it today, being the other most depressing day of the year and all. It's a bit lonely, a bit homesick, a bit heartbroken, a bit... I dunno what else. It was very theraputic. I used four references for the whole peice, I traced a bit and made some of it up on my own. Not half bad, it's some of my better stuff.

I'm surprised at how the water looks, actually. I kinda winged it on that one, and really got the effect I was aiming for. Same goes for the trees and grass. Since I've started exploring with the brush settings in photoshop, I've really seen some decent improvements in my stuff.

In other news, I (ironically) talked with an ex online today. Or friend. Or something. I got my heart broken all the same. I talked to her for a bit, and found she hasn't been in any kind of serious relationship. Makes me wonder what I saw in her that nobody else did. Maybe I saw things that wern't there in the first place. Either way, I learned my lesson. I've been 20 years single, and still going strong.

Happy Singles Depression Day everybody.
-Cril

I’ve been burned before
You’re not fooling me there’s no mystery you've forgotten what you’re hiding for
Call it self-defense
You can obfuscate and manipulate but it’s only at your own expense

Barenaked Ladies - Easy


Okay, yes. So sue me. I'm still on a bit of a high from the BNL concert. I went ahead and downloaded the Calgary bootleg...

No comments: