Sunday, June 24, 2007

Uphill

Okay, so let's start with an update on how productive I've been.

Movie Reviews - Haven't done 'em, don't think I will. Too much time has passed since I've seen them.
Father's Day - Didn't do a darn thing, and now it's too late.
End of month finances - All caught up!
Comic site - Done! Given to Eric to Code! Huttah!

Considering I wanted to have those all done by last weekend, you'd probably assume I haven't been as productive as I wanted to be. But, actually, that's not the case. Every night for a week I did the comic site - It turned out to be a lot more work than I expected, but I got it done. I've also chosen what classes I'm going to try and register for (I got accepted for school, btw), and have found a car. Not too bad, eh? I guess that kinda makes up for not posting last week.

Granted, I could've done a bit better with my time over the past week, but finding a car was really stressful on me. All of the sudden I stopped sleeping well, lost my appetite, and generally came home each day and crashed like... Something that crashes a lot. But now that I have a car, I just need to figure out the insurance. Hopefully I'll do that tomorrow or Tuesday. Sooner the better: I'm trying to stay skeptical of the whole thing until it's over with. I don't want to get excited too early.

Oh, and it's a '96 Civic CX with 186 000km on it and fantastic service records. Looks like it's been kept in great condition. I'll need to get a set of rear tires and replace the windsheild though. I should be okay considering I paid $700 less than the asking price.

So from here on in, what I want to focus on is:
-INSURANCE, ASAP. From there I get to have a car.
-Drawing - finish up the piece for the anniversary.
-Start packing - I realized I have less than a month until I move away.

And of course from there I get to start stressing about how I bring what back home, getting some basic supplies for the car, changing my address for banking and phone and canceling health insurance, etc etc. All this and more within a wonderful three-week time frame! I think I can do it, I have a few days leeway before I have to leave. The drive home all by my lonesome should be interesting though...
-Cril

If only I could call the rain to melt and wash away the pain you feel
I would
You gave yourself to me and showed me what the truth could be
For that, I say thank you
This was my life
It never made much sense to me

Yoko Kanno - No Reply


This song starts off with such a fantastic strings section. Too bad it doesn't keep through the rest of the piece.

No comments: