Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snowed in?

Wow, I can't remember the last time I was snowed in. By the time I woke up this morning, we had 1-2 feet of snow and it was still coming down. Okay, maybe that doesn't sound too bad, but with the wind it was pretty nasty white-out conditions. I'm glad they closed campus, I didn't want to drive anywhere today. So rather than drive out to Abbotsford for school, I stayed home and slacked off. Well, I did shovel the driveway with the bro, after which we went for a bike ride around the block. Boy, was that challenging. Not only were the roads snowy, but there was a layer of ice underneath. We went out just for kicks - It's a good thing we didn't actually have to be anywhere.

I'm at level 54 in CoD4, with about 1200 points left to go. I've been getting a lot of play out of my stealthy kit. UAV jammer and a silenced MP5 let's you do sneaky things around the map. I have to say, though, I can't seem to get the double-kill and counter claymore achievements. Thems be tricky. I would've gone the last bit to level 55 today (Probably one or two maps worth of gameplay) but today and last night I've been getting crappy pings. It makes things difficult when you can't hit a thing.

I've been enjoying the sketch-a-day thang. I've done some pretty good ones recently. The one below I did back at the beginning of the month, then came back to a few days ago to add shading. I read a diagram from a drawing book that listen proportions and positioning for different parts of the body. This helped me rework the face to be less awkward. Anyhoo, I really like it for some reason. I find myself coming back to look at it once in a while.


Oh, and I just want to go on record as saying I hate the ^#$@*%#'ing Sky Temple in Twilight Princess. Foolish me saved after I got the big key, not knowing there was more to do in the wing of the temple before actually getting to the boss stage. I ended up having to renavigate the entire side just so I could pull a button. Ack. Anyhoo, I'm not up to the start of Hyrule Castle, which I assume is within spitting distance of the end. Good game . A bit frustrating/maddening at times, but a good game nonetheless.
-Cril

Link! He come to town
Come to save the princess Zelda
Ganon put her away
Now the children don't play
But they will when Link saves the day
Hallelujah!

Now Link, fill up your hearts
So you can shoot your sword of power
And when you're feeling all down
The fairy will come around
So you'll be brave
And not a sissy coward

Now Link has saved the day
For Ganon is in his grave
So now Zelda is free
And now our hero shall be
Link, I think your name shall go down into history

The Rabbit Joint - The Legend of Zelda

No comments: