Sunday, February 03, 2008

Percipitation

Life without glasses just contains gaussian blurs and lens flares. Which is odd, because there aren't any lenses.

I've been having problems sleeping lately. My mind seems to take bits and pieces of whatever it was that I did during the day, mash them into one wonderful mess, and then tries to sort them out. What happens is that I end up awake enough to know that what I'm thinking doesn't make sense while getting frustrated, and asleep enough to be drowsy and not able to change my train of thought. For example, yesterday I drew, played Command & Conquer 3, and watched the season premiere of Lost. What resulted was that the answer to all of Lost's issues was the key to breaching the enemy fortress in C&C, and I obviously had to draw it to work. Ugh - I get no mental rest.

I have to say that I'm enjoying C&C. I got ahold of it late last week and am currently on Act IV of the GDI campaign. I was pleasantly surprised at how much this felt and worked like ye olde Command and Conquer. I can't necessarily point a finger at it, but the units, interface, and gameplay mechanics all seem to mesh just right so that it gives me nostalgia for C&C Gold (which was probably my first RTS). Oh, and the corny, over-the-top cut scenes probably help a lot too. Anyway, it (thankfully) feels miles different from the likes of Tiberium Sun and Generals. The latter of the two should'nt have even been branded Command & Conquer, it was probably the low point in EA's direction of the franchise.

Anyways, art:


Inspired by Del Shannon's Runaway, it probably took me about 15-25 minutes to do. I was surprised at how easily it came together too, I only had to fight with the left hand and the right foot. Everything else was pretty much done on the first pass. I think I'm enjoying this 'sketch-a-day' thing.
-Cril

As I walk along,
I wonder what went wrong,
With our love, a love that was so strong
And as I still walk on,
I think of the things we've done
Together, a-while our hearts were young

Del Shannon - Runaway

No comments: