Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mashing gears

I'm tired and it's late, so I'll keep things short and simple.

I've been playing more Grid. Alot more. I'm stilll having fun - it's very challenging, but when you win it's quite satisfying. I spent probably 2hrs this weekend on a single race challenge - and it's because (I'm pretty sure) of handicapping. I loathe cheating AI players in racing games. No, it's not speed/acceleration cheats, it's collision physics. Sneaky, but hella annoying when he taps you and you bounce off into a wall while he continues on. I finally beat the race, but I'm still annoyed.

Watched Battlestar last night, and I was blown away. *SPOILERS* What a stellar half-season, I've really enjoyed it. I especially loved the kick-in-the-gut of finding out Earth was a nuclear winter wasteland. What a dramatic note to end things on until 2009. I can't wait to see how the final last half-season wraps up. Also, I found the scene with Adama breaking down to be really powerful.

Been working on some laser projects at work. It can be frustrating at times, what with how all mistakes are permanent. I have the knowledge to operate the device however I need to, I just need to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before proceeding with the engravement. Oh well. Dad's BBQ set turned out well. My first fabrication project did not, the first version was a complete bust. I have some redesigning to do.

I'm trying out a new sleeping pattern. I read that people with 6-7.5hrs of sleep a night generally have higher energy levels than others. I'm trying to whittle down my 9hrs a night to ~8hrs, and I'm beginning to feel more drowsy-like. We'll see if I adjust over the next week or so. If not, back to the same old same old.

Art:



I need to take my sketchpad to work and scan in the half-dozen(ish) sketches I have in there. Thaz all fer nao.
-Cril

Standing by the window
Eyes upon the moon
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit alone
She shuts the doors and lights
And lays her body on the bed
Where images and words are running deep
She has too much pride to pull the sheets above her head
So quietly the lays and waits for sleep

Dreeam Theatre - Wait for Sleep

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poetry brings tears to my heart.
I wish you were with me now...to hold me with your passion and emotion...and share our interest in games

Crilix said...

Do I know you... Or do you just enjoy randomly dropping creepy, vaguely related comments on unsuspecting bloggers' doorsteps?
-Cril