Monday, June 02, 2008

Everybody knows that everybody wants

This just in! I'm winning the infection battle. Maybe. I think I am. But I might not be. Yeah, these kinda things are oh-so-fun. Basically, I'm hopped up on a wonderful combination of Vitamin C and garlic. And, it looks like the infection has stopped spreading, even reducing a smidge. I've still got some nasty spot (eczema on my EARLOBE? Really?!). But I'm optimistic. I'm in good enough shape to get away with not needing a doctor, so I can hold out a bit longer yet, and we'll see how things progress.

Quick! A one-sentence-per-subject paragraph about the various media occurences over the past week! I beat San Andreas - not a bad game, but it's somehow missing the charm of previous titles despite the hilarious references to their characters. The Lost season finale left me with mixed feelings, and I'm once again feeling very unsatisfied by the show. I quite enjoyed the last BSG episode, and loved how it ended. Speaking of which, was it the last episode for this half of the season? Hope not. I saw Lost in Translation over the weekend, and was impressed at how unique it was both in realistic dialogue and how the piece was filmed.

Ok, here's some quick art, and then I need to check out Frank's sketches, then start coloring the latest issue of The Incredible Cocoyo. I need to get some work done on my own comic projects at some point...



I went jumping off of sand dunes at Half-Moon Bay in California, when I was down there for the Maker Faire. I got a friend to snap two really cool pics of me mid-jump, and this is my artified version of one of them. I think I have some contrast issues, and the shoreline looks a bit wonky. Oh well, it's not all bad.

Oh, and congrats to Shaun, who got hitched this past weekend. If I recall correctly, it was about a month before I found out he was engaged that he told me that he "swore off women". Heh. I guess the right woman will do all sorts of funny things to you.
-Cril

Everybody knows you don't get what you planned
Everybody runs away from what they don't understand
Everybody hides away the guilt of their youth
And everybody wonders why no one ever tells the truth
Everybody knows that everybody wants
And everybody has their ghosts that emptiness that haunts
When everybody adds it up they've lost more than they've won
And everybody wishes they weren't just like everyone
Forever and ever amen
Forever and ever amen
Forever and ever amen
Forever and ever amen

8mm - Forever and Ever Amen

No comments: