Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rather exhausted

Y'know, it's probably really bad news if you're extremely exhausted and you just got back from the longest time off you're going to get all year. Alas, I must trudge on.

I'm pretty much video-gamed out at the moment. So many games to play, but I'm having a hard time mustering enough enthusiasm to actually do so. Yeah, I have tons of good titles to play... They just aren't really appealing to me right now. The scary thing is I'm not quite sure what is appealing. If I decide I want to take it easy and relax for a while, I'm not sure what or where my comfort zone is. It's been a while since I've done something that I wish I could keep doing forever.

Speaking of time off, when I went home for Christmas we went to the local library and I met the head honcho of the branch. She commissioned me to do a promotional poster for an even they're holding for the first month of the year. So here it be:



I gotta see if there's a way for me to add images directly from my Flickr account. Right now I re-upload them to the Blogger/Picasa gallery so that it can be attached and formatted to a post. I wish there was a way for me to add image X from Flickr that links to the image's page and is resized so that it correctly fits the blog layout. Argh, there's gotta be a way.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to jump through the standard Sunday-night hoops before going to bed. G'night, y'all.
-Cril

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
No, no, no...

The Beatles - I'm So Tired

2 comments:

Frank said...

Dude, that came out great. It looks all professional and everything.

I'm telling you, you're destined for greater things than the Arduino.

I mean, you were commissioned. That's GOTTA mean something, right?

Crilix said...

Yeah... I guess by definition it is 'commissioned', but I just like calling it that because it sounds impressive. It was a bit more of an unofficial "can you get your son to do this" from one librarian to another. /shrugs

But yeah, I think it turned out pretty good too. One thing I noticed, though, is that I forgot to shade the shoes. Eep!
-Cril