Sunday, April 05, 2009

Vague and Aloof

I did eight sketches this weekend. This was mostly due to the fact that I listened to three two-hour broadcasts over Saturday and Sunday. So I just drew and drew and surfed the web and clipped my nails and drew some more. This puts me about ~15 sketches ahead of the game so far, which should come in handy when I go down to the Maker Faire in May.

I enabled stats on my Flickr account yesterday, after being perplexed by an image that has some ~4000 hits. And the reason? Yahoo image search for 'Left 4 Dead'. See the third image on the second row? Does it look familiar? Kind've odd how that managed so rank so high. It's not even the finished/winning contest entry (which, by the way, I still have not received the prizes from). Aside from that one image, though, the stats pretty much confirm that my photostream is indeed unremarkable.

At least the stats are a lot more fun at work. I can't believe how awesome Google Analytics is - there's so much information there to take in. I often find myself messing around and looking at the figures out of sheer curiosity and amusement, but I generally manage to pull something useful out of it. There's a lot of opportunities to be exploited if you can look in the right place.

Sketch108 copy

Battlestar Galactica is over, Heroes and Lost suck to much to watch, and The Office just finished the season. That leaves me with Reaper, which is up for cancellation. Which would probably be too bad, it's a pretty clever show. But I wouldn't be too broken up about it, I'm almost considering not watching the show anymore anyways. I'm just not really enjoying TV at all. Mind you, I'm not enjoying a fistful of other things that I usually rely on to amuse myself. But that's another can of worms. It's probably the reason that I went on a decently-sized walk Friday night, rather than staying home to do something else. My speed for the 'evening out' averaged 1.18m/s, which is quite frankly pretty pathetic. But it's not like I was trying to go somewhere.
-Cril

His manner is vague and aloof
You would think there was nobody shyer
But his voice has been heard on the roof
When he was curled up by the fire

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Mr. Mistoffelees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reaper really is in trouble and could use your help. It's creators are leaving, and that spells bad news for us. I do hope you would at least consider emailing the CW and saying something as simple as "please renew the show". It would help a lot.

feedback@CWTV.com

http://www.cwtv.com/feedback/comments

Thank you.