Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beyond The Dying Light

What a hellish week. Got the portfolio thing back, went to a 'college preview forum'. There wern't even any mark sheets or comments in the portfolio... For all I know, getting accepted could be nothing more than some sort of typo or other clerical error. I saw a few pictures from another candidate that got accepted. I have no idea why they decided I am even remotely that calibre. I wish I could say I'm feeling more confident about the whole ordeal. Oh well, gotta press on. Need to get student loans, which won't be available until early June.

We are/were prepping for a trade show at work. A few 10hr days, coming in on weekends, short lunches... And yet I'm not so convinced it amounted to anything significant. Last year we were ready to go a lot sooner, and that didn't require as many long hours and staying late. How strange.

The boss(es) have been kind enough to feed us while staying late, however. And that essentially amounts to a lot more greasy restaurant food than I think I can handle. I have had much in the way of an appetite for the past ~2-3 weeks. I get hungry, but the thought of eating isn't that appealing. It feels like I'm stuffing more documents into a paper shredder - just one more thing to do.

Saw Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. It's like a slower, more boring version of Forest Gump. It's rather startling how similar the plots are. Maybe I would've gotten more out of it had I paid more attention, but it was soooo slooooow. It had an intriguing concept and decent effects, however.

I feel tired and exhausted and overwhelmed and underwhelmed. And I need to go to work tomorrow. I went five days without drawing, and six without any games. I feel like my mind needs a shower - it's all sticky and slow. I suppose that's something I'll need to get used to once school starts. Well, I assume there'll be a lot more drawing going on at least. But long hours and next to no games or personal time. They said at the college preview thingy that there are three, 6hr studio days each week and that each of those days has approx 3-6hrs of homework. That'll be brutal. And then the other two weekdays each have a three hour lecture. That shouldn't be too bad, I guess.

Yeah, I'm physically exhausted and I'm mentally spent. But it's almost like I'm... Spiritually fatigued? Does that even make sense?

Sketch156 copy
I don't feel... Right.
-Cril

God is An Astronaut - Beyond The Dying Light

No comments: