Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fickle Tidbits

So, lil' bit of fun news today. First off, my boss(es) announced that we're taking on a new employee. And, apparently, he's taking over my job. Mind you, I found out that last part from his young, semi-brashful daughter. You may want to take it with the largest grain of salt you can find.

Next up, I got declined for student loans! Woo! I hope this isn't an omen for how the next four years are going to go. But really, it just means that in the proportional scale of debt to lost savings relationship, the latter will take the biggest hit. For the first year, at least. It also means that if I intend to avoid telling lies on future loan applications, I'll need to devise some sort of plan for my existing monies. As fun as it would be to blow through my entire savings, I'd much rather hang on to a decent portion of it. That way if I find myself up against something nasty, I still might have some maneuvering room.

And lastly... Within the past two weeks, I've done twenty ad concepts. I'm by no means some sort of creative juggernaut - I feel truly, mentally spent. I can't believe I worked through lunch today to churn out five worthless half-ideas. Generally speaking, in the life of a single print advertisement ten concepts is about normal, five if I'm lucky. Fifteen is a bit of a stretch, and twenty is absolute hell. The best part about all of this? It was supposed to be submitted by today. Instead it hasn't. At least a concept was chosen to work off of, but that's another few hours to refine and tweak. If all goes well, I'll have it done for tomorrow afternoon. I really hate missing deadlines, especially for something like this. Makes me feel so... Unprofessional.

Sketch189

Oh well, not that it matters anyways. Apparently I'm being replaced.
-Cril

Cellar door what's the use?
Cellar door are you open to find me?
Iron ore shields remorse
When I look, I look to your beautiful name
And find you're not the same

Cellar door what's the case?
Are you locked in your shadow's embrace?
Do you feel so insane?
That you don't, you don't want to show me your face
But I, I can relate

Holly Brook - Cellar Door

1 comment:

Frank said...

You should talk to your bosses and ask them what's up. Better to know now than later.