Sunday, July 05, 2009

Tick, tick, tick.

It's a Sunday night at... 9:50PM. It's cloudy outside, almost like the sky wants to sigh and let out a torrent of rainfall. Hm, that sounds therapeutic.

I actually *gasp* logged into Facebook this last week. I generally don't do anything else but reply to two or three friend requests from people who obviously have the wrong person. I highly doubt that Mr Spalding from Colorado can tell that I'm such a fantastic and unique personality to befriend solely based on my sparse profile.

Among the plethora of other invitations (legit friend requests, a bajillion invites to a bajillion pointless apps), I took a quick scan over the news feed that displays all the updates from friends. Apparently an past friend of mine from high school is engaged to the chick he's been going out with from the same period. Good for him. It intrigues me that all there was to give it away was the small "Andrew _ is now engaged" status update. That certainly is one helluva way to announce something so significant in such an insignificant manner. It sounds like something I'd do.

Moving on, it's been a pretty uneventful week. At work we're doing a major reshuffle and reorganization, so it took two long days to get most of the work done. I'm sure it would've been three long days, but we had Friday off in lieu of Wednesday for Canada Day.

Which means that I'm currently staring down the remaining two hours (10:02PM) of a long weekend.

I wish I could say that I did something fantastic with the three days. But I didn't. I drew and read and gamed and napped and mapped and made music and walked and biked and stood outside during a thunderstorm. And I did every single one of those things without talking face-to-face with another soul.

So there you have it. My friend announced he's getting married, and I spent a weekend completely void of any company. Unless you want to count the cats romping around the house or the digital escapades shared with someone on the far side of the continent.

Anyways, I need to put said felines to bed, fold and put away laundry, brush the teeth, sync the iPod, and do all those other things necessary on a work night.

Sketch192 copy

10:11PM. Tick, tick, tick.
-Cril

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Pink Floyd - Time

3 comments:

Seeleunitone said...

Well,that's an interesting picture. Did you draw this as well as the other pictures on here?


Is it a droplet of water that looks red because there's a setting sun near a lake?

Or is it a droplet of blood dripping on the ground?

Just asking out of curiosity but you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Crilix said...

Yup, all of the pictures I post here are pieces that I've drawn as part of my sketch-a-day challenge.

This particular one is intended to be dripping blood. I was in an upset mood, and I find drawing morbid themes can be rather... Cathartic. The results may not be too impressive, but it's the effort that's the valuable part. Cheers,
-Cril

Seeleunitone said...

Say,I'm an artist myself. I draw a wide variety of things though I've only started to post more of my work on to this site more recently. If you want feel free to check out my blog.

That is if you want t. I could use all the constructive feed back I can get.