Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend? What weekend?

Fun fact: I've spent 20 some-odd hours on homework this past week. I think I'm doing pretty well at getting work done. I spend half an hour checking email once I get home, do homework, twenty minutes for supper, more homework, go to bed. Every night.

The scary part is that those 20 some-odd hours have all been for one assignment. I still have three others on the go, and I'm starting another class tomorrow. People tell me that I'm stressed, and I need to take more time for myself. I hate to break it to you, but there isn't any other time left. If these kinds of assignments are the norm and/or I get two of them at once, I'll have to quit my job. Period. It's not a poor time management thing, it isn't overestimation, it isn't being pessimistic. It's just the fact that there are only 24hrs in our planet's rotation.

Ok, fine. Maybe I should just relax - it'll be alright if I hand in the odd assignment a day later than it's due. Oh wait, if it's 30 minutes late I fail the assignment. Maybe if I know I'll have a slow class, I could spend a day at home to catch up. Oh wait, if I miss any two days I'll fail the course.

Am I stressed? Yes. It's not because I can't cope with so little personal time or that the work itself is intimidating. It's because there simply aren't enough hours in the day for me to work part time, sleep, and do school. Chances are classes are starting off heavy to intentionally intimidate new students. But if this last week of school is anything to go by for the rest of the semester, one of those above three things is going to have to give.

Anyways. I don't have any art to post because I haven't had an opportunity to do some sketching. When I get the chance I may fill the gap by uploading pics of the assignment I've been working on, but in the mean time consider Sketch-a-Day to be dead, dead, dead. And just some heads-up: my posts from here on out are going to be rather sparse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum gets released on PC this week.
Damn.
-Cril

A.R. Rahman - Mausam & Escape

2 comments:

Frank said...

Remember, this is all for the greater good. This is for the honing of the knife. Knife honing requires the sharding off of pieces of the blade. If he blade is not strong enough, it will crack. Are you going to crack?

Crilix said...

Will I crack? No. I can hack it. Will my bank account crack? If this workload is the norm and I have to quit my job to make room for homework, then yes. Financial destitution and poverty HERE I COME.
-Cril