Monday, April 05, 2010

KEY'd!!

Here's a big THANK YOU to whoever it was that, in their infinite wisdom, decided what my car really needed was a nice long disappearing, reappearing scratch all along the entire length of the driver side. It's like a pinstripe that I didn't need to pay for! And pinstripes make cars go faster, YEAH!!

Seriously though, why? I always leave adequate room on either side when I park. If I get out and discover that I'm crooked or off to one side, I'll get back in, start it up, and do it again. And I'll happily park at the very back of the lot if it means I can avoid parking like an idiot and blocking people in or cutting off the path between rows of cars. Plenty of other people do it though. I cannot think of a time when I parked in an iffy location. So what gives?



I guess because I'm driving an unwashed, 12-year-old car with a bit of rust and broken window seals that I certainly won't mind another scratch or imperfection. If someone has to bang-up my car, it will damn well be me. I don't need any help in that department, thank you very much.

I just hope that it isn't deep enough that it'll start developing rust. That's one more thing I'd rather not fight with right now.
-Cril

Drinking
In order to feel
Thinking
Reinventing the wheel
Kicking up mischief
And feeding the fire
Kicking up mischief
And walking the wire

Elbow - Picky Bugger

2 comments:

Frank said...

Sorry to hear, man...

:(

Kredos said...

That sucks. D8

But on the other hand, that is some damn fine shading there.