Sunday, September 19, 2010

Now the rain's a-fallin'

So I mentioned last year that the ratio of gals to dudes in art school was something like 3:1, right? Well, in the Visual Communications program, I think that figure may be closer to 5:1. Don't know why. But each class is made of ~20 students, and most of the time it's just me and one other guy. Sometimes there's one or two more. Apparently there are more gals than guys enrolling in post-secondary as is, but I get the feeling that art school, particularly the program and class I'm a part of, is a little bit more estrogen-heavy than other Name Brand Institutions.

Well, alright then. I mean, it's a bit awkward being on of the only ~10 guys in my entire class/grade/program, but that's okay. I'll get to observe and bask in a classroom culture dominated by the fairer sex. I'll witness first-hand several relationships and social circumstances generated by the kinder, and more patient and wise gender. Who knows, with those odds I might even be able to find a girl who's dense enough to be interested in the likes of yours-truly.

So I was sitting there in class, pondering this very topic, when I overhear a conversation taking place behind me. Some girl pipes up, "I don't, like, really want to, like, get married or anything. As long as I get a boyfriend who will take me places and buy me diamonds, I'll be happy."

For reals. She was absolutely serious. Either that, or I cannot read the wimminz at all. Stay classy, ladies.
-Cril

My mama done tol' me
When I was in knee-pants
My mama done tol' me, Son
A woman'll sweet talk
And give ya the big eye
But when the sweet talkin's done
A woman's a two-face
A worrisome thing who'll leave ya to sing the blues
In the night

Sergio Vellatti - Blues in the Night

No comments: