Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chuggin'

I think I've done it. I've completed all of the four projects due this week over the course of the last three days. Well, almost. I have a few secondary/trivial things to wrap up, but the majority of the hardcore work is completed. I'd say that it's a nice feeling, but the weekend is over and by the time tomorrow afternoon rolls around I'll have another project to work on. And I have a bajillion other things I should be doing inbetween. Blargh.

Aaaand I'm not sure what else to say, really. If this week will be par for the course in terms of workload, I think I'll be in decent shape for the rest of the year. I can handle this. Probably.

You know, it's a bit nerve wracking. I have four projects due this week, and I had my first crit last week. So THIS WEEK I'll find out how well I'm doing. I have all new instructors except for one, and even then now that I'm in the VC program I'm wondering if the marking criteria will be even tougher. I'll be finding out soon enough.

I'm house-sitting at the moment, so I'm not at my home machine where my CT-024 images are kept. Thus, I can't upload a new pic for the series this weekend. Bummer. This will have to do - the result of my first due assingment. It's from Typography class, where we were assigned a word and had to show the meaning of it by writing out the word with objects in an environment. I was given 'emphasis':

DSC07601.2-print

Not entirely pleased with how it came out. I find the dark bar along the bottom (the floor) to be rather distracting. Also, once you print it out and step back more than three feet, you can't tell any passages have been highlighted. This is a bad thing to discover thirty seconds after you put it up on the wall for crit. I coulda/shoulda beefed it up in Photoshop. Well, I actually did. But not enough, apparently. Oh well, I think the composition and concept are pretty solid. We'll see where the marks land.

...sorry folks, that's all I got for this week. It's been nothing but sex, drugs, and homework. Minus the first two parts. What a glamorous life I lead.
-Chris.

Count Basie - How Long Blues

No comments: