Sunday, October 03, 2010

Week[/end]

At the beginning of a weekend, as you stroll away from campus, you find yourself thinking, "I have two days ahead of me before I go back to class. The possibilities are endless."

I'm here to let you know that the possibilities, are not in fact endless.

I thought I'd get through all my homework with a bit of time to spare, so I could kick back and enjoy myself for an hour or two. Alas, 'twas not meant to be. I can't believe the weekend is simply gone. Where did it go? Do I really have anything to show for it? Ugh, how frusterating. This thing kinda scares me, actually, because I don't have any other buffer. Last year I could skip out on work if I needed to, but now... The weekend is everything I've got.

DSC07425.1 - CT-024 Plays some Battlefield Bad Company II
Figure 1: This is precisely the kind of thing I didn't do with my weekend.

It just sucks so much to feel so optimistic, and then a mere ~48 hours later be exhausted and feeling so defeated. I thought that weekends were supposed to have the opposite effect. I guess not. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to squeeze another two hours of work out of this dried, shriveled up two-day break before I call it a night. Bleh.
-Chris.

Paul Crossley - Suite Bergamasque - Clair de Lune

No comments: