Sunday, September 02, 2007

Seepage of my brain and wallet.

Okay, so I've been watching the Dick Van Dyke Show recently. We got a few season DVD sets out from the library, and my bro usually sets it up to play some episodes while he's surfing the web or whatever. First off, that show is pretty darn funny. Dick Van Dyke is (er, was) a really funny guy. The writing is also great. I guess it might be a bit cheesy at points, but for a show that was made in the early sixties it's still pretty funny and, dare I say, fresh. Great original humour.

And secondly, Mary Tyler Moore was pretty darn attractive back then. I can't say she's aged too well though. Well, I'm not sure if she's aged at all, or if it's just the newer chemicals and wonderful plastic compounds that remain. Regardless, it makes you wonder - What would all these once truly attractive people look as they age had they not turned to plastic surgery to prevent the inevitable? Because honestly, the way the look now is a bajillion times worse than what they could have possibly been when they opted for the quick-fix surgery.

And in other news, I got the vinyls put on my car. Well, that was a while ago and since then I had to wait for decent weather and an opportunity to use the family camera. All in all, it looks pretty slick. There's small bubbles on a few of them, but it isn't that noticeable unless you look close enough. Anyhoo, chekkit oot:









It turns out I have a bit of a leak with the sunroof. It isn't too bad - I place a little scrap of cloth by the clasp and it pretty much keeps it from dripping or spreading around. It also leaks at the front, but that's when I open the sunroof right after rain or whatever.

School starts Tuesday. I haven't made my mind up about how I feel about it yet. Nervous? Excited? Maybe semi-depressed, what with how all my money seems to be going out the door so quickly. Bah.

Speaking of monies, I wasn't planning on spending any of my $50 entertainment budget for August, and then I ran into a discounted pair of rollerblades in the mall that fit just-right. I'll take them out for a quick spin tonight... It's a shame, my other pair (which is now too small) was pretty good and I didn't want to spend the entertainment budget at all. $50 a month does add up... I think the only money I'll spend between now is on the Half-Life Orange Box and maybe on Gears of War PC. And maybe a Wii for Christmas, but no guarantees on that. Bah, even those items still seem like a lot. I gotta cut down on my spending... Even though I don't think I'm really spending that much. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. No matter how tightly you hold your cupped hands, wanter still seeps out, doesn't it?
-Cril

She said I think I'll go to Boston
I think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather
I think I'll get a lover and fly him out to Spain, oh yeah
I think I'll go to Boston
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice

Augustana - Boston

No comments: