Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Philosofikletastic!

Oh boy, I'm trying to write an essay for PHIL 100. I'm obviously not enjoying it too much if I'm here posting about. It's kinda hard - with your average essay, like on I did for MACS 110 last week, you can play around with the wording to stretch it out a bit. But not for philosophy, I'm having a hard time expanding the basic ideas into a full paragraph. Heck, I'm having a hard time re-wording it so it isn't exactly from the textbook/class notes. Oh well.

I've analyzed my gas mileage for the car. If I'm doing it right, I'm getting about ~36MPG. I was afraid it'd be drastically lower, but I guess I've been driving so much it's actually necessary to fill up 2-3 times a week. $60/week for gas still sucks though. I have to find a way to cut it down a bit, but I'm doing a lot of driving to and from school on my own. Oh, and I need an oil change. I've put on about 6000km since I got the car in July...

I've been playing a good chunk of Team Fortress 2 since it came out. I preordered it and everything. It kinda sucked that I spent most of Monday twiddling my thumbs for it to be released, but I spent ~5hrs the next day in fragging heaven. Good times, the classes are each unique (and hilarious), the art is superb, and the game play... Is a complete twitch-fest. In a fun way. I'm quite enjoying it. Alas, when Oct. 9th rolls around, I'll be going for some of that sexy, sexy Episode 2 goodness. I've been rather vigilant in staying spoiler-free, so I should get extra enjoyment out of the game. I hope. Oh well, if nothing else, I enjoy getting excited for a big game release.

Speaking of which... What's so special about Halo 3? All the reviews generally say that it's more of the same, and yet award 100% scores. Bah. I have to admit, I'm incredibly bias because I'm a PC gamer. I played (and beat) the first Halo, and found it to be wonderfully underwhelming and mediocre. Essentially, it was the first time an FPS was done kind of well on a console in a long time. Apparently something that had been standard with PC's since Half-Life all of the sudden became a big deal when it was on the XBox.

Anyways, if all goes well I'll be able to get all my homework done on Thursday/Friday so salvage some of the weekend for more TF2. I have to tackle some Illustrator assignments yet. Boy, am I not enjoying that class. Well, more specifically the professor. I'll try to post the pics when I get them done. In the meantime... Hooray for being redikerusly busy.
-Cril

I think it turned ten o'clock but I don't really know
And I can't remember caring for an hour or so
Started crying and I couldn't stop myself
I started running but there's no where to run to

I sat down on the street, took a look at myself
Said where you going man, you know the world is headed for hell?
Say your goodbyes if you've got someone you can say goodbye to

I believe the world is burning to the ground
Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out
Let's see how far we've come (right now)
Let's see how far we've come
Well I, believe it all is coming to an end
Oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend
Let's see how far we've come (oh yeah)
Let's see how far we've come

Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come

No comments: