Saturday, October 06, 2007

No one on the corner and there's no one at home

Oh boy. If ever there was a concert I would love to have attended, it'd be Souvenir of Tokyo. Oh man, that'd rock sooo much. Makes me want to watch Cowboy Bebop... Again...

Orange Box comes out on Wednesday. I have all my preloading done, but I probably won't get to play until late in the day. I bought a new deck for the car, and have an appointment to get it installed at 10AM. That pretty much means I go into Chilliwack to get it installed, and then head over to Abby so I can make class at 1PM. Bah, oh well. On the plus side, the new deck has Aux In, so hopefully that'll get rid of some of the static/distortion from when I use my iPod transmitter.

Oh, and so far I've been loving Team-Fortress 2. I know I started playing like 3 weeks ago, but I've neglected to post about it. Really fun game - the humour and art direction is phenomenal. I can't wait to get my grubby lil' hands on Portal and Episode 2.

...

And then after that I want Gears of War PC and Need for Speed Prostreet. But those aren't out yet.

In the mean time, I've been grinding away at the Illustrator assignments. I'm not extremely fond of the prof yet, but I'm enjoying learning to use the new program. I'm still not that thrilled with Illustrator, there's still a bajillion small things that are driving me nuts, but I can see a few merits and I've made some interesting stuff.

Anyways, I gotta get back to the grind and work on the Solarbotics Catalogue. Oh, and the new site launched, the one I had (a bit of) a hand in (graphically) designing. Chekkit oot: http://www.solarbotics.com/
-Cril

I’m waking up at the start of the end of the world
But it's feeling just like every other morning before
Now I wonder what my life is going to mean if it's gone

The cars are moving like a half a mile an hour and I
Started staring at the passengers who're waving goodbye
Can you tell me what was ever really special about me all this time?

But I believe the world is burning to the ground
Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out
Let's see how far we've come
Let's see how far we've come
Well I believe it all is coming to an end
Oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend
Let's see how far we've come
Let's see how far we've come

Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come

No comments: