Sunday, October 14, 2007

The cake is a lie!

Let there be no debate:
The Orange Box rocks all manner of socks.
Liek seriously. Wow.

Team Fortress 2 - One of the best multiplayer games I've played in a looong time. I'm amazed at the variety of roles and styles that are usable through all the many classes. There's something for every mood. I've pretty much 'figured out' (ie, how to totally rock) most of the classes. I've been the top of the server with the majority of classes, save the medic. I find that gameplay to be a bit too slow and not rewarding (points-wise) enough. But I've unlocked all the achievements, except for the 'Play with 7 friends' one. I don't have that many friends, especially those with TF2. Anyways, good times.

Portal - This really took me by surprise. I thought it'd turn into a stale gimmick rather quickly, or that the gameplay would be so puzzle-oriented it wouldn't be that enjoyable. Was I wrong - it's was so entertaining. It was very fresh, and the problems were all challenging enough you felt so very satisfied after solving them. And the humour is a point in and of itself. For a game where you get zero interaction with other characters, GLaDOS did a fabulous job of making me laugh the whole way through. Oh, and the credits? Best video game credits EVAR. Too bad the main game only lasted ~3hrs...

Half-Life 2 Ep.2 - I think this might be the most story-packed releases for the HL franchise. It felt like there was so much development, in terms of character and plot. The action was great, a whole bunch of different situations and types. I felt kind of cheated at the end, though, as a certain character dies that you would have otherwise looked forwards to getting more plot info from. Overall, it felt like a very 'full' episode. The play length was spot-on, and it was loaded with things to do and see.

All in all, probably one of the best $45 I've spent on a game. If I hadn't played HL2/Ep1, it'd be even more awesome.

Some more assignments from Graphic Design, we had to take an everyday scene and 'stylize' it into vectors. The prof doesn't seem to understand that some of us don't actually have art training, and therefore only know how to do the vector part of it. Oh well. Hooray for gradients.



-Cril

This was a triumph
I’m making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS!

It’s hard to overstate
my satisfaction

Aperture Science
we do what we must
because
we can

For the good of all of us
except the ones who are dead

But there’s no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying til you run out of cake

And the science gets done
and you make a neat gun
for the people who are still alive!

I’m not even angry
I’m being so sincere right now

Even though you broke my heart and killed me

And tore me to pieces
And threw every
piece
into
a fire

As they burned it hurt because
I was so happy for you

Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And we’re out of beta, we’re releasing on time

So I’m glad I got burned
think of all the things we learned
for the people who are still alive!

Go ahead and leave me
I think I
prefer
to stay
inside

Maybe you’ll find someone else to help you

Maybe Black Mesa.
That was a joke,
HA HA
FAT CHANCE

Anyway, this cake is great
It’s so delicious and moist
Look at me, still talking when there’s science to do.

When I look up there
it makesme glad I’m not you

I’ve experiments to run
There is research to be done
on the people who are still alive!

And believe me I am
still alive

I’m doing science and I’m
still alive

I feel fantastic and I’m
still alive

While you’re dying, I’ll be
still alive

And when you’re dead, I will be
still alive

still alive

still alive

GLaDOS - Still Alive

No comments: