Thursday, October 25, 2007

Guava-MESH!

Yeah, so the latest assignment was to use Illustrator's Mesh Tool. I found it frustrating for a while, mainly because I can't re-arrange the mesh lines/contours to be anything but horizontal and vertical. For the leaves, for example, I would've put more details in but I couldn't alter the orientation of the lines. I suppose I could've done the leaf from scratch along the horizontal axis rather than rotated. Oh well. Another problem I kinda found with using the mesh tool is that I (personally) only saw square gradients during and several hours after I made the piece. When I went back to it a while later I could actually see it for what it was, but while working on it I was quite skeptical it'd look like anything but small and big rectangular gradients.



It's been getting cold (and dark) lately. It's currently 6c (42F for ye Yankees) outside, which made for a nippy walk. It's okay though, I get to laugh. Calgary had snow.
-Cril

PS- Y'know what my blog needs? A lil' 'Previous' button at the bottom to scroll back through posts. I'd do something about it if I either knew something about programming or if there was someone that actually wanted to read previous posts.

Been looking forward to the future
But my eyesight is going bad
In this crystal ball
It's always cloudy except for (except for)
When you look into the past (look into the past)
One night stand. (One night stand, off!)

One night and one more time
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so great
He tastes like you only sweeter

Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

No comments: