Monday, March 24, 2008

Busizzy in the Hizzouse

It's interesting. Today we had this beautiful mix of sun and clouds for most of the day. It gave us a pretty sunset too. But there was something about it that... Put me in a funny mood. Something part anxious, something part regretful or depressed. I can't put a date or occasion to the feeling, but it certainly was something that happened a while ago on one of our humid summer nights. Something that happened to a different person, really. I know I'm young and naive... But it felt like a lifetime ago. Hm.

Moving on to real life - HOLY CRAP. I am soooo busy. Lots of school projects/assignment/presentations are becoming due at once, and I'm trying my best to get them done. Add some ad(s) that need to be done, passport to figure out, and plane tickets to order... You could say I'm swamped. Which leads me to the next point...

DAMN YOU Frank. A good TV show was about the last thing I could've possibly needed right about now. I'm a season and a half into 4400. I'm enjoying it so far, but it kinda sucks that I know I'll be walking into a dead end (I found out the series got cancelled). So there's that to watch, as well as Battlestar Galactica and the Office which start in April. Maybe Heroes too? Hm.

There's also Trigun and Ocean's Eleven. But they're on the iPod Touch, don'tcha know. been having lots of adventure with the little device. Oh! Let me take a step back. I got my iPod! Wooooo! It's really awesome - I'm especially blown by the web browsing, which works so beautifully. Then there's video playing. It took me a while to get that figured out so that I can quickly/easily convert files to play on the darn thing. iTunes SUCKS at that, it takes forever. Enter "Videora iPod Converter" and a wasted afternoon, and it's all running smoothly. Overall the Touch is a marvelous piece of technology. But I have two gripes: First, it's impossible to use without two hands and your complete attention. I like how the normal iPod can skip, pause, etc just by pressing a button. You need to look at the screen in order to accomplish anything with the Touch. And last, it is so underutilized. The device has so much potential, it's a shame you have to jailbreak it (which I want to avoid for being-paranoid-about-the-warranty sake) to get access to additional programs. I guess we'll see how the official SDK goes over, and if there are any free programs for it.

And for this week's art, something that I actually drew earlier in the week but matches my current mood:


It's alright, I personally did some better stuff during the past week. But like I said, it matches my current mood a bit. But if y'alls wanna see more, go to my flickr page.

And that's all for this week. Gunna go wind down and watch some 4400, yo.
-Cril

Angels fly in the air tonight.
Saying, Wasn't it just like swimming
Out on the lake?
Stars collide, and the air's alive.
Or was it just like those promises that you made
On our last night?

Better Than Ezra - Our Last Night

No comments: